Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stretch marks

too bad: I didn't find a good female photo illustrating stretch marks


A few days ago, as I was lost in that weird part of YouTube I came across a topic about stretch marks. While I haven't noticed any men caring much about the subject, it seems that women freak out over it. From my perception, women's idea about stretch marks seems to be:
This is horrible. This looks ugly so it makes me ugly. Men will find me ugly if they see my stretch marks.

I cannot talk for all men, but I can talk about what I think of stretch marks, and what I believe other men think about stretch marks.

During my childhood and teenage years, I had heard the word "stretch marks" but didn't know what it was. When I was about 20 years old, I accompanied my girlfriend to a camping where some of her friends were enjoying the swimming pool and I noticed that one of the girls had white marks on her hips. I truly didn't know that these were stretch marks and I didn't even know that this sort of things existed, resulting from quick gains and losses of weight. I thought this was some kind of tatoo but I wasn't sure... and before you ask: yes! sometimes I am THAT stupid. So I did what everybody would have done (or not?): I asked what the marks were. My girlfriend got crazy at me, the girl whom I was meeting for the first time got frustrated, and I was equally frustrated because my girlfriend got angry over something meaningless.

So, to summarize my idea of stretch marks which is similar to what I think other men think about stretch marks: we just don't care! In reality, men's eyes simply slide on stretch marks. We hardly notice them because we don't pay attention to them. What men care about, regarding women, are the following (not necessarily in that order):

  • face
  • body size
  • breast
  • butt
  • personality


If you're a woman and you're reading this... or if you're a man and you can ask your girlfriend to confirm... there are things that you think are important and you're just wrong about that! Stretch marks are one of those things. Want another one? Shoulders! Women look at other women and see: "wow! this girl has nice shoulders!". You know what? Men don't even know that there is such a thing as "nice shoulders". It is not part of our perception of the world.


Conclusion

If you have stretch marks and if your shoulders are not perfect, don't worry! The only people who will notice are other women and gays. The majority of men will not notice. They're too busy looking at your other shapes... or paying attention to your personality, of course.

Stretch marks are a false problem invented by women for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Erik Lallemand's blog by Erik Lallemand is licensed under
a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.