Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mensa



Recently, I was talking about Mensa and about taking the Mensa test. After a long wait of 5 weeks, I have finally received the results, which are positive. So it means I'm joining Mensa. Just need to send them my form and subscription fee.

Receiving the positive results is a nice moment that boosts your ego, and I'm sure I'll keep my smile until bed time. But of course new questions arise like the precise measurement of all my cognitive abilities.

When I took the Mensa test, there were 3 exercises of 25 questions each

  • Verbal reasoning
  • Numerical reasoning
  • Abstract reasoning

I knew that I rocked the verbal reasoning test since I finished it way in advance and I had plenty of time to review almost all of the questions. And indeed, I obtained a perfect score.

I knew that I did good with the numerical reasoning. I finished it a little in advance and had enough time to double-check 2 or 3 questions that I was not totally confident about. And indeed I obtained a perfect score.

Last, I knew that I didn't do so well for the abstract reasoning. I realized that I still had 5 questions to answer only 2 minutes before the time expired, so I quickly answered "A" to all of the last 5 questions and only had the time to correct 2 of these. So I obtained a not-too-good score only worth of the 4th percentile. But fortunately, it doesn't disqualify me.

I'm pleased to be accepted, especially considering that of all Mensans I've met so far (about 10 of them), not a single one had joined based on the Mensa test. All of them joined based on a WAIS or WISC test.

Mensa is an organization I've been looking up to for a couple of years but I had been moving around all too often to be able to really apply. Finally, this chapter has come to a close and a new one, as a Mensan is beginning. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me and I'm feeling good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Erik Lallemand's blog by Erik Lallemand is licensed under
a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.