Friday, March 13, 2015

Not enough time



Even though I have plenty of time available, this time is not enough to accomplish the things I want to do. For some of these things, admittedly, I feel held back by constraints other than time, namely money, social circumstances, health, etc. But for many things, I don't have enough time. For instance, I just noticed that a 3-parts documentary about the suffragettes is available somewhere and I could get my hands on it and watch it, but that would take a lot of time.

I am already a few days late for answering a private message I received from someone. I just received a recommendation of a podcast that recently invited Sam Harris (one of my personal heroes) for a 2 hours and 40 minutes long episode... and I might be interested in also listening to their 62 other episodes because it's about philosophy, science and psychology. I started watching the series Helix. I am super-late for answering to a generic comment about the intermingling of "coaching" and pseudoscience/quackery/personal_development. I am 1 month late for answering an idiot radical feminist's comment on the subject of rape. I am 3 months late for answering to a general topic on problems and discrimination faced by men in today's western societies. I am half a year late for answering a ridiculous topic about NDE. And I am nowhere near the completion of my blog articles related to GamerGate, the history of the feminist movement, the criticism of feminist theory and the evaluation of what points of view are either mainstream or radical within the feminist movement. I  have other belated articles like the ChapelHill shooting, and a creative fiction. Etc. And I still need to tidy/clean my place so I can invite people to visit. Oh yes... there are also those 2 pieces of software I truly want to create and that I've postponed for almost a year. And I need to upgrade my phone's firmware. And I need to visit my godson and maybe take care of him or take care of his parent's house while they're catching some sleep. There are also 3 books I intend to write. And I need to review 8 hours of conference for Mensa before it's made public on YouTube. And there's a distinct possibility that I might become a member of the regional board of Mensa on the 21st of this month. And I've started translating a book into French. And I haven't visited my friends much in the past 2 months. Plus I need to finish figuring out the parts I should buy to build a new desktop computer. And there are those pesky books that laying on my shelf for the past few months.

Anyway... one of the original ideas behind this article was the question: what would YOU do if you had all the time you wanted? If you could slow down time and catch up with all the knowledge in the world, or accomplish with your hands as much as time allows you to, what would you do? What would you want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Erik Lallemand's blog by Erik Lallemand is licensed under
a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.